Green Tea Mochi. Naturally herbivore-whore friendly and gluten free (but make sure to read all the labels to make sure). No substitution needed. Awesome.
Yields approximately 4 large mochi
1 cup of glutinous rice flour
2 tbsp sugar
1 tsp green tea powder
2/3 c water
red bean paste
- Roll red bean paste into balls no larger than 1 inch in diameter. Set aside.
- In a microwave safe mowl, mix together glutinous rice flour, sugar, green tea powder, and water.
- Microwave mixture on high for 2 minutes. Remove and stir. Return to microwave for approximately 40 seconds to 1 minute. It should be smooth and sticky.
- Dust a working surface and your hands with cornstarch.
- Scoop up about 1/4 of the dough and flatten while it is still hot. Be careful to not burn your hands. Place a ball of red bean paste filling in the center, and wrap the dough around the filling and pinch the edges together to seal. Try to shape the dough into a smooth round ball.
- Serve on tea plate or in cute little cupcake holders.