Baking again. It’s been a long long while. Someone even asked me if I had stopped eating. Of course not. I just got a little burnt out or wasn’t compelled and I wasn’t sure of my direction with Herbivore Whore. So we’ll see. For now,
Strawberry Muffins with a Side of Creme
Makes 12 muffins
1 1/2 c gluten-free flour
1/4 c sugar
1/4 c brown rice syrup
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
3/4 c non-dairy milk (I used chocolate coconut milk ***)
1/3 c canola oil
1 tsp vanilla
1 c fresh strawberries (chopped)
1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease muffin tins.
2) In a large bowl, mix dry ingredients.
3) Add wet ingredients to dry mixture. Be careful not to overmix.
4) Add strawberries and mix just enough to incorporate them. You want them to stay chunky.
5) Spoon the batter into greased muffin tins.
6) Bake 15 min.
7) Cool and serve with a side of creme!
***I don’t recommend chocolate coconut milk by itself, but it was the only non-dairy milk I had in my refrigerator.